(this is crossposted from the Facebook Group)
Welcome to 2011 everyone, we have a lot to do this year! Here are a few things:
1) We need to coordinate a good time for weekly/biweekly/monthly meetings. I guess if they are less often we can coordinate it when the time comes, but I would rather it be a regular thing.
2) Bonnie Jean Taylor is now the head of the Flash Mob Subcommittee, and can work on brainstorming ideas for future flash mobs. Whoever is interested in joining the committee is welcome. Once they have ideas, they can bring them to meetings to be discussed by the whole group.
3) Megan and I want to being to plan the collaborative arts festival that inspired this group. Everyone is invited to share ideas and input about it. The description can be read if you click "See All" next to Members on this page, then scroll down.
4) We need to figure out more ways to expose people to the arts who might not otherwise. This is a pretty broad topic so keep it in the back of your minds.
5) Chris Collins is up for reelection this year I believe, so politics is going to be a huge factor this year. We need to figure out ways to be influential without becoming overtly political or a "special interest."
6) I need to keep the blog updated and promote it. That's more of a personal reminder that I wanted to write down so I don't forget.
Feel free to comment if you have anything to add or want to discuss any of these points. Let's get a discussion going! The sooner we act, the sooner we can get things done.
-Bob Van Valin